Monday, May 16, 2005

Blood

When I was in my interview with the Stake President a couple of weeks ago, he mentioned that my doctor's recommendation listed me as having O+ blood. I was sort of afraid of that. What it means is that now I'm going to feel bad if I don't give blood. I really hate needles. It's just not natural to stick something into your body like that. I hated getting my hepatitis shots. But I realize that it's really important that they always have enough blood, and that my blood type is really important for them to have. So I went today when my stake was doing a blood drive, and gave blood. My wonderful girlfriend, Liz, came to lend me courage and read me funny headlines out of a book she has. It all went really well. I feel fine. And I got a cool T-shirt.

Now I'm back home, and I'm going to continue cleaning up my room while Liz fills out job applications. Fun stuff.

Saith the Post-Donation and Call-Back Instructions:
A rainbow of color may occur for about 10 days

Sweet!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Was this your first donation? If so, that suprises me James.

I'm glad you went.

said...

Yeah, it was my very first donation. Up until then, I sort of hid behind the fact that I didn't know what my blood type was. Silly, I know.

By the way, who is that? It's annoying when people show up as Anonymous. You don't have to get a Blogger account to put your name on a comment.

Anonymous said...

What if I like being anonymous?

But I never intend to annoy. I'm sorry.

Legal Translation Company in Dubai said...

Umm Al Quwain, Amiri Decree No. 5 of 2010
Umm Al Quwain, Law No. 4 of 2010
Umm Al Quwain, Law No. 3 of 2010
Umm Al Quwain, Law No. 1 of 2010
Umm Al Quwain, Law No. 3 of 2010
Umm Al Quwain, Order No. 1 of 2010