Sunday, January 30, 2005

Blessings

When I did my home teaching this morning, the girl we visited asked Joel and me to give her sister a blessing after church. Then right after church, I was asked to help give a blessing to one of the other women in our ward who's having tough times. Today was only the second day I've participated in giving blessings (actually, so far I've just annointed the oil; I haven't done the actual blessing yet), and I got to do two at once. It's weird how those things work, isn't it?

Someone at church today also asked Dan and me to come to church this evening because according to the rules they have to have at least two priesthood holders present to be in the ward house. So Liz is going to go there with me and we'll do scripture study. So much for the 8 PM bedtime, but I think it's worth it.

No comments: