Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Back in the Saddle

I've decided it's time to start writing again, now that I'm starting to get the hang of life. Much has happened since last I wrote. Here are the main points (in roughly the order in which they occurred):
  • I got engaged
  • I got a job
  • I got an apartment
  • I got married
  • I got a car
I'll likely mention the specifics of these events in more detail in future postings, but I decided to use this one just to get the ball rolling.

Now, what current event should I talk about? Hmmm.... Here's one. Has anybody heard of hard disk space just kind of disappearing on Windows Vista? Here's the thing: Vista says my C: drive has 65.4 GB used, but if I check either using the folder properties window or other software that analyzes disk usage, I'm only using about 49 GB. So somehow my computer is using 15 GB of disk space that's not in files. Puzzling. That's a whopping 33% of the amount I'm really using.



That'll do for this posting. I'm sure to have more in the near future. Check back often.